RBC GranFondo Whistler Registration Opens October 15
Earlybird pricing in effect.
October 12, 2012
Vancouver, BC - Registration for the fourth annual RBC GranFondo Whistler, taking place on Saturday, September 7, 2013, will open on Monday, October 15 at 12 p.m., PST.
“The feedback we’ve received from participants this year has been incredible,” said Kevin Thomson, co-founder of GranFondo Canada. “Excitement for road cycling is shown in the passion we see on event day and on training rides throughout the year. Now is the time for cyclists to commit to their goals for 2013.”
Founding Riders of inaugural GranFondo Canada events will have first crack at registration starting today at 9 a.m., PST. All Founding Riders signed up for the event by October 31st will have a chance to win a 2012 Cervélo Argyle R5 VWD frameset signed by Canada’s most celebrated cyclist and 2012 Giro d’Italia champion, Ryder Hesjedal.
The early bird rate of $225 is in effect until March 15, 2013. Those signed up before that date will also be eligible for the new Deferral Guarantee Policy, which grants participants the opportunity to defer their entry to the following year.
Event entry includes:
- Two-day pre-ride bicycle and lifestyle Expo in Vancouver.
- A dedicated lane width for cycling for the entire ride from downtown Vancouver to Whistler resort.
- Timing chip for all riders. Track your performance on overall ride time and on pre-determined course sections.
- Five fully-stocked Rest Stops along the course.
- Mechanical support at Rest Stops as well as roving mechanics to offer assistance.
- Medical support at Rest Stops as well as roving medics along the course.
- Sag wagon support to the finish for all riders unable to continue.
- Secure bike parking during post-event party.
- Complimentary bag check.
- A commemorative keepsake to all finishers.
- Souvenir event T-shirt.
- Post-ride meal and entertainment in Whistler.
- Live ride results posted on the RBC GranFondo Whistler website.
The RBC GranFondo Whistler has been recognized as a favourite amongst cyclists since its beginning in 2010. Those interested in experiencing the 122 km ride from downtown Vancouver to Whistler are encouraged to sign up quickly.
To learn more about the event and register for 2013, visit: www.rbcgranfondowhistler.com.
You Might Also Like
- 2013 NAHBS Saturday Award Winners : Denver, Colo. - The North American Handmade Bicycle Show announced the first group of the 2013 NAHBS Awards. The second group will be announced at 3 p.m. Sunday. Saturday's Awards Alchemy Bicycle Co. - Best Carbon Construction No Award given -...
- Now Hiring: Full-Time State Network Manager for the Safe Routes to School National Partnership: The Safe Routes to School National Partnership (National Partnership) is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong policy campaign experience and advocacy skills to join the National Partnership as our State Network...
- Honey Stinger is Newest Sponsor of the Colorado High School Cycling League: Boulder, Colo.— The Colorado High School Cycling League (Colorado League) welcomes Honey Stinger as a new sponsor for 2013. Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Honey Stinger, was founded in 2002 to bring nutritious and great tasting...
- 2013 NAHBS Sunday Award Winners : Denver, Colo. - The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is pleased to announce the Sunday group of the 2013 NAHBS Awards. The Sunday NAHBS Awards winners are Winter Bicycles - Best Finish Moots - Best Theme Bike and People's Choice Avery County...