Enduro at Tiger a Big Success
September 26, 2012
Sent to Bicycle Paper from Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
Seattle, Wash. - Mother Nature loves to laugh at the planning of us puny humans. As a result, she made sure to bring the rain for the first time in months ... on the very day of the Enduro Race at Tiger. Go figure.
But that didn't keep some 200 people from coming out to race, volunteer or cheer the racers on. And it certainly didn't keep the very muddy racers from having a terrific time and walking around with big, silly grins on their faces at the finish line.
140 racers took to the trails last Saturday for the first-ever mountain bike race at Tiger Mountain, the Evergreen Enduro at Tiger. A muddy fun time was had by all, and money was raised to build more new trails at Tiger. What's not to love about that?
- Overall: Heitman, Garett 32:47.9
- Cat 1 / Expert Female: Sucich, Angela 41:26.7
- Cat 1 / Expert Male: Heggenes, Jason 35:29.5
- Cat 1 / Expert Male (40+): Bentley, Chris 35:13.8
- Cat 2 / Sport Female: Sorensenl, Rae 42:41.3
- Cat 2 / Sport Male: Knott, Andrew 37:31.0
- Cat 2 / Sport Male (40+): Pollutro, Shawn 38:14.0
- Cat 3 / Novice Female: Walsh, Susan 53:25.4
- Cat 3 / Novice Male: O'Neill, Mikey 44:26.9
- Cat 3 / Novice Male (40+): Bournique, Bob 42:45.4
- Jr Male / Female (15-18): Cardwell, Chase 52:25.1
- Pro Female: Hernday, Natasha41:10.1
- Pro Male: Heitman, Garett 32:47.9
You can find all the race results right here.
Riding season is still far from over of course, so hopefully you can still fit some more trail time into your schedule. We've got classes continuing through October. New rides being posted to the calendar regularly. Plus more trail work parties on Tiger - and elsewhere around the state - happening all winter long. We just need a little more rain...
Speaking of rain, the folks on the fire-ravaged Central and East side of the state could really use some cooler, wetter weather. The fires are still pretty out of control and all events have been canceled. Let's all think wet, cool thoughts and keep praying everyone stays safe over there.
Be sure to check the calendar regularly ... New events are added daily.
See you on the trails!
The Evergreen Team
You Might Also Like
- Bike Infrastructure Update in Seattle: Seattle, Wash. - Today, Mayor McGinn delivered his fourth State of the City speech, and improving transit in Seattle was a major focus. Making it easier and safer for people to bike through Seattle, whether you’re 8 or 80, was a major focus. He...
- Laura Brown Takes 4th in Individual Pursuit at UCI Track Worlds: Minsk, Belgium – (February 20, 2013) Canada opened the 2013 UCI Track Cycling World Championships Wednesday with a promising fourth place for Laura Brown in the women’s individual pursuit. Brown – in only her second world-class individual...
- Chroma Fab to Join Ethic Industries: Denver, Colo. - Following a couple years of business development, Chroma Fab world-class custom paint solutions will join Ethic Industries and Alchemy Bicycle Company as the newest brand in the Ethic Industries portfolio. Chroma Fab was conceived...
- Sad News - Jeremy Storie: It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Jeremy Storie. Jeremy was a key coach and leader in our cycling community. He helped build the dEVo youth program at its inception in 1999 and developed several National and International...