The IC3NW/UGM Cycling Team Presents: “Ride Your Socks Off”
September 24, 2012
Sent to Bicycle Paper from Sharon Thomas
Seattle, Wash. – The International Christian Cycling Club Seattle Spoke (IC3NW) is collecting new and gently used (clean with no holes) socks at various locations around the Seattle area. The collection will continue until October 19. The socks will be donated to Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission, where they will be distributed to homeless men and women throughout the greater Seattle area this fall and winter. The Mission gives away over 35,000 socks per year and IC3NW wants to help contribute in a unique way, a 40-mile “Ride Your Socks Off” bike ride.
The “Ride Your Socks Off” event will be on Saturday, October 20, 2012. Club members and volunteers will meet at Eastside Foursquare Church in Bothell. The cyclists will take the donated socks, via pedal power, 20 miles (each way) to the Mission’s Men’s Shelter in downtown Seattle. The club will also be presenting the organization with a donation check for the amount of money raised during the 2012 cycling season through sponsorships and sales of team items.
Your support, in the form of sock donations or ride participation is greatly appreciated. All are welcome to join “Ride Your Socks Off” on October 20th. Simply bring your bike, a helmet, some socks to donate, and a willingness to participate in our cause of reaching out to the less fortunate in the Seattle area. Volunteers may be required to sign a liability waiver to participate at the time of the ride.
Official Sock Drop Locations:
- All Western Washington Bellevue Healthcare locations - www.bellevuehealthcare.com
- InHealth Sports Injury & Performance Care- 4915 25th Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98105
- Center Cycle- 3950 Lind Avenue Southwest Renton, WA 98057
- Eastside Foursquare Church- 14520 100th Avenue Northeast Bothell, WA 98011
- MFG Cyclocross races- Sept. 9th Kenmore, Sept. 23rd Sammamish, Oct. 6th Redmond
The International Christian Cycling Club is a 25-year-old organization that is represented in 14 countries and has chapters (spokes) in over 12 states in the US. The Washington/Seattle spoke was started in 2002 and was “re-started” in 2012 with a partnership with the Seattle UGM. Please check out our main organization website for more information including our statement of faith and history at www.christiancycling.com.
You Might Also Like
- MBSEF Cycling Programs in Full Swing: The Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation is excited to announce the addition of a spring break mountain bike camp, and four after school cycling sessions. Spring Break Mountain Bike Camp-Ful Week March 26-28, 2013 1::30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. $75...
- Gran Fondo Added to Baker City Cycling Classic: Baker City, Ore. - The Dooley Mountain Gran Fondo follows the same challenging route that is known as the Queen Stage of the BCCC. The ride begins at Baker High School and heads south towards Austin Junction where it turns east to Unity and then...
- Christian Meier Earns Both Sprint Jerseys at Volta a Catalunya : Christian Meier (Vancouver, BC) earned the points and TDF 100 sprint jerseys on the first stage of Volta a Catalunya. Following stage one, he shared his intent to hold onto them until the race finish in Barcelona. Mission accomplished. With the...
- Gates Carbon Drive Launches New Website: Denver, Colo. (March 19, 2013) – Gates Carbon Drive™ Systems has launched a new website with evocative all-white imagery that highlights the clean, consumer-friendly attributes of the grease-free, chain-replacing belt drive system for bicycles....