Nissan Extends Partnership with the USA Pro Challenge
Founding partnership to continue through 2013.
July 17, 2012
Denver, Colo. – Nissan and the USA Pro Challenge have extended their partnership for two more years, with Nissan as a Founding Partner of the event through 2013. One of the biggest races in the United States, the USA Pro Challenge will take place August 20-26, and will travel through 12 Colorado host cities from Durango to Denver. As part of the partnership, Nissan will have a consumer-engaging footprint within the Lifestyle Festival, an interactive, free-to-the-public event that will be located at the finish of each stage of the race. Nissan also will provide more than 40 vehicles for the event, including the lead, operations, medical and VIP cars within the official race entourage leading and following the peloton on the nearly 700-mile course. Additionally, Nissan will be staging a King of the Mountain Ride and Drive event, which will allow consumers a chance to test-drive the all-new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder.
“Nissan was such a valuable partner to us for the inaugural race,” said Shawn Hunter, CEO of the Pro Challenge. “The company’s commitment to health, wellness and green initiatives aligns perfectly with the focus of the USA Pro Challenge.”
Members of the RadioShack Nissan Trek cycling team will be featured in the USA Pro Challenge field; riders for the team expect to be announced in the coming weeks. Nissan will also serve as the presenting sponsor for Stage 6 (Golden to Boulder) on Saturday, August 25.
During the Lifestyle Festival, Nissan will invite guests to experience the all-new 2013 Nissan Pathfinder, participate in a bike challenge and enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a Nissan vehicle.
“Nissan is proud to continue our founding partnership status with the USA Pro Challenge for the next two years,” said Brian Carolin, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Nissan. “This is one of the premier cycling events in the country, and is a natural opportunity for us to showcase our company’s commitment to supporting health and wellness.”
For 2012, Nissan’s sponsorship of the USA Pro Challenge is again directly integrated with the Innovation for Endurance program, which aims to help athletes take their performance to a whole new level through exclusive daily content showcasing the latest innovations in running, cycling and general fitness. You can visit www.facebook.com/InnovationForEndurance for state-of-the-art tips from elite marathoners Ryan Hall, Shalane Flanagan and Kara Goucher; cycling champion Chris Horner and the cyclists of RadioShack-Nissan-Trek professional cycling team; and world record-holding swimmer Ryan Lochte.
Stages for the USA Pro Challenge
· Stage 1: Monday, August 20 – Durango to Telluride
· Stage 2: Tuesday, August 21 – Montrose to Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte
· Stage 3: Wednesday, August 22 – Gunnison to Aspen
· Stage 4: Thursday, August 23 – Aspen to Beaver Creek
· Stage 5: Friday, August 24 – Breckenridge to Colorado Springs
· Stage 6: Saturday, August 25 – Golden to Boulder
· Stage 7: Sunday, August 26 – Denver Individual Time Trial
You Might Also Like
- Hundreds Unite to Tell Congress that Bicycling Means Business : Washington, D.C. - (March 1, 2013) Last summer, Congress passed a transportation bill that slashed dedicated funding for bicycling projects and programs. But next week, hundreds of bike advocates, industry leaders and cycling enthusiasts will...
- Gates Carbon Drive and White Industries Partner on New Freewheel Sprocket: Denver, Colo. – Gates Carbon Drive has partnered with White Industries to create the CDX Freewheel, a screw-on freewheel sprocket that marries the clean, quiet and strong Gates belt drive system with White’s high performance and...
- Honey Stinger is Newest Sponsor of the Colorado High School Cycling League: Boulder, Colo.— The Colorado High School Cycling League (Colorado League) welcomes Honey Stinger as a new sponsor for 2013. Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Honey Stinger, was founded in 2002 to bring nutritious and great tasting...
- Now Hiring: Full-Time State Network Manager for the Safe Routes to School National Partnership: The Safe Routes to School National Partnership (National Partnership) is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong policy campaign experience and advocacy skills to join the National Partnership as our State Network...