Cycling for Art in Idaho
July 3, 2012
Idaho Falls, Idaho – The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho’s fourth annual HeART of Idaho Century Ride is set for Saturday, August 11, 2012, in Idaho Falls. Cyclists of all ages and abilities will ride through verdant farmland, Grand Teton views and striking desert landscapes through parts of Bonneville, Bingham and Jefferson counties. The ride is complete with fully stocked food and water zones that feature homemade cookies, sandwiches and watermelon as well as ride support along the entire route. The ride starts and ends at Snake River Landing where riders will celebrate at a post-ride barbecue with live music, a beer garden, massage therapists and prize drawings.
New this year, the ride has been moved up a week to coincide with the 22nd Great Snake River Idaho Falls Duck Race put on each year by the Rotary Club of Idaho Falls to raise funds for the beautiful Greenbelt. The day offers fun activities for the entire family! In addition to the new date, each cyclists will be equipped with a timing chip for the first time in the event’s history and the first 400 cyclists to register will receive a lime green sling pack.
The event features distances of 25, 50, 62 (100K) and 100 mile options:
· $40 for the 25 mile ride
· $58 for the 50 mile ride
· $68 for 100K and 100 mile rides
· $100 for 25 mile Family Package (two adults and two children under the age of 18)
Registration forms are available at the Art Museum; Idaho Mountain Trading located at 474 Shoup Ave, Idaho Falls and Dave’s Cycling located at 341 West Broadway, Idaho Falls, ID 83402. Online registration is also available at www.theartmuseum.org/Century.htm.
What initially began as a one-time event celebrating a cycling exhibit in 2009 quickly turned into the museum’s biggest annual fundraising event. “We’ve been so fortunate to have such great support from so many local businesses who sponsor the event each year and such a dedicated committee that works tirelessly for months in preparation for this event. Without all of them and our army of volunteers, this event would not be possible,” says Miyai Abe Griggs, executive director of TAM.
The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho is a nonprofit art museum and education center. The proceeds from this annual fundraising event enables TAM to send museum-sanctioned art instructors into budget-stricken area public elementary schools to teach art classes at no cost to the schools, provide educational opportunities for all ages at the museum and present special events and exhibitions of regionally, nationally and internationally acclaimed artists.
Admission to the Art Museum is $4 for adults and $2 for students with their student ID and youth ages 6 – 18. Children five and under are free, and admission is free for museum members. TAM also provides free admission the first Saturday of each month to the general public (sponsored by the Post Register) and free admission to senior citizens the first Tuesday of each month. Located in Idaho Falls at 300 South Capital Avenue, the Museum’s is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. For more information, please call 524-7777 or visit www.theartmuseum.org.
You Might Also Like
- 2013 NAHBS Saturday Award Winners : Denver, Colo. - The North American Handmade Bicycle Show announced the first group of the 2013 NAHBS Awards. The second group will be announced at 3 p.m. Sunday. Saturday's Awards Alchemy Bicycle Co. - Best Carbon Construction No Award given -...
- Honey Stinger is Newest Sponsor of the Colorado High School Cycling League: Boulder, Colo.— The Colorado High School Cycling League (Colorado League) welcomes Honey Stinger as a new sponsor for 2013. Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Honey Stinger, was founded in 2002 to bring nutritious and great tasting...
- 2013 NAHBS Sunday Award Winners : Denver, Colo. - The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is pleased to announce the Sunday group of the 2013 NAHBS Awards. The Sunday NAHBS Awards winners are Winter Bicycles - Best Finish Moots - Best Theme Bike and People's Choice Avery County...
- Now Hiring: Full-Time State Network Manager for the Safe Routes to School National Partnership: The Safe Routes to School National Partnership (National Partnership) is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional with strong policy campaign experience and advocacy skills to join the National Partnership as our State Network...