Cascade to Crown Bicycle Ride July 1
A ride to benefit The Parkinson's Resources Of Oregon.
June 18, 2012
Sent to Bicycle Paper from Aaron at Pedal Nation Events
Now in its 2nd year, the Cascade to Crown is set to become a highlight of the Gorge. The 3 route options - 15, 50 and 65 miles - offer something for every ability or bicyclist in your family. No matter what route length you choose, you'll find yourself in the midst of a very historic and scenic place. The 50-mile and 65-mile routes pass by many notable falls, such as Horsetail Falls, Oneonta Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and Multnomah Falls on the way to the panoramic Crown Point. At the end of ride, enjoy lunch at Marine Park with the Columbia River Sternwheeler.
What is Parkinson's disease?
Parkinson's disease (PD) is a progressive, degenerative neurological disease that eventually renders many individuals immobile; stealing away independence, clarity of thought, and severely limiting activities of daily living.
- PD affects over 1 million people in the U.S., more people than Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, & Lou Gehrig's Disease combined.
- An estimated 25,000 people in OR and southern WA have PD.
- 16 new cases of PD each week.
- One third of the victims exhibitor first symptoms before age 50.
- Annual cost of medications to treat symptoms of PD exceed $6,000.
We're excited to partner with the Parkinson's Resources of Oregon. For over 30 years, the P.R.O. has been dedicated to helping patients and caregivers manage this complex disease with support programs and services. In 2012, your participation in the Cascade to Crown Bike Ride will show your support for the PRO and those with Parkinson's disease.
Click here to register now.
You Might Also Like
- Celebration of Life in Memory of Jeremy Storie: A "Celebration of Life" in memory of Jeremy Storie will take place at the at Kwomais Point Park on Saturday March 2, 2013 between 12 (noon) and 2 p.m. This informal gathering for the cycling community will allow attendees to share their stories...
- Chroma Fab to Join Ethic Industries: Denver, Colo. - Following a couple years of business development, Chroma Fab world-class custom paint solutions will join Ethic Industries and Alchemy Bicycle Company as the newest brand in the Ethic Industries portfolio. Chroma Fab was conceived...
- Track World Championships - Canada Takes Bronze in Team Pursuit: (Minsk, BEL – February 21, 2013) The women’s team pursuit squad won Canada’s first medal of the 2013 UCI Track cycling World Championships Thursday, currently held in Minsk, Belarus. The team, made up of Gillian Carleton of Victoria, BC, Jasmin...
- Laura Brown Takes 4th in Individual Pursuit at UCI Track Worlds: Minsk, Belgium – (February 20, 2013) Canada opened the 2013 UCI Track Cycling World Championships Wednesday with a promising fourth place for Laura Brown in the women’s individual pursuit. Brown – in only her second world-class individual...