StarCrossed 2012 Returns to Marymoor Park
Event will feature an eight-hour Enduro and Eliminator Shoot Out.
May 14, 2012
Seattle, Wash. – (May 11, 2012) Low Pressure Promotions, LLC of Seattle released the details for StarCrossed today, with an event date confirmed for Saturday, September 22, 2012, at Marymoor Park in Redmond, Wash. The 2012 edition of StarCrossed will take on two formats: an eight-hour endurance cyclocross race (Enduro) for solo, three-person, and five-person teams, and a short-course, one-lap race (Eliminator) for singlespeed and geared bikes. Registration opens July 2, 2012, on BikeReg.com.
“StarCrossed has always been about doing something different,” said Terry Buchanan, co-founder of StarCrossed. “We’ve been offering high-level international, regional, and local racing opportunities at StarCrossed for the last 10 years. This year, we want to create an event with a slightly different take on cyclocross racing by offering an enduro relay - where all riders can race under the lights - and then a one-lap eliminator race to conclude the evening.”
StarCrossed will feature multiple rider formats for the eight-hour enduro race: solo, three, and five-person teams. Racing will begin at 11 a.m. and conclude at 7 p.m. Beginning at 8 p.m., the 2nd annual StarCrossed Eliminator Shoot-Out will begin for both singlespeed and geared racers. As in usual format, the course for both the enduro and eliminator races will be centered around an in-field beer garden.
“StarCrossed 2012 combines a super-long and a super-short opportunity for racers to try cyclocross,” said Low Pressure Promotions co-founder Zac Daab. We spend all season focusing on an intense 30-60 minute race. StarCrossed will be different this year as we cater to nearly any rider’s race-duration preference, from a five minute, one-lap race to an eight-hour solo option.”
In addition to the adult racing categories, StarCrossed will now offer opportunity for junior racers to race under the lights, with both a middle school 5-person category and a high school 3-person category. Both middle school and high school racing will be co-ed encouraged, but not required.
The tentative race day schedule for StarCrossed includes:
StarCrossed Enduro (11 a.m.)
- Solo Men
- Solo Women
- 3-person Men
- 3-person Women
- 5-person Mixed
- Middle School (6, 7, and 8th grade): 5-person team; co-ed encouraged, not required.
- High School (9, 10, 11, and 12th grade): 3-person team; co-ed encouraged, not required.
Singlespeed Eliminator Shootout / Geared Eliminator Shootout (8 p.m.)
For more information on StarCrossed: www.starcrossedcx.com
You Might Also Like
- Chroma Fab to Join Ethic Industries: Denver, Colo. - Following a couple years of business development, Chroma Fab world-class custom paint solutions will join Ethic Industries and Alchemy Bicycle Company as the newest brand in the Ethic Industries portfolio. Chroma Fab was conceived...
- Laura Brown Takes 4th in Individual Pursuit at UCI Track Worlds: Minsk, Belgium – (February 20, 2013) Canada opened the 2013 UCI Track Cycling World Championships Wednesday with a promising fourth place for Laura Brown in the women’s individual pursuit. Brown – in only her second world-class individual...
- Sad News - Jeremy Storie: It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Jeremy Storie. Jeremy was a key coach and leader in our cycling community. He helped build the dEVo youth program at its inception in 1999 and developed several National and International...
- Bike Infrastructure Update in Seattle: Seattle, Wash. - Today, Mayor McGinn delivered his fourth State of the City speech, and improving transit in Seattle was a major focus. Making it easier and safer for people to bike through Seattle, whether you’re 8 or 80, was a major focus. He...