Calling On ALS DoubleDay Bike Ride & Fundraiser Volunteers
June 14, 2012
The wheels are in motion for the 12th Annual DoubleDay Bike Ride & Fundraiser and they’re hoping to get more volunteers.
Last year, volunteers helped to make the event one of the most successful ones yet, with more than 350 riders and raising nearly $160k for the ALS Association’s Evergreen Chapter. This money helps people living with ALS and their families receive medical equipment, augmentative communication devices, support and education. Plus, the Association continues to be active in advocacy and research because of these fundraising efforts. Rider participation grows year after year because of the wonderful experience the riders have – thanks to all of the volunteers.
Here are some important things to know about this year’s ride:
- The ride & fundraiser will take place July 28-29.
- The ride will begin and end at Mount Vernon High School.
- Camping will be available and we’ll be hosting the Pasta 4 PALS Dinner on Saturday night, which should not be missed!
- They’ll need volunteers for everything from registration to bike direction & from rest stops to food preparation
You Might Also Like
- Tell the DOT that Every Bicyclist Counts: Transportation agencies across the country are about to miss an important opportunity to improve non-motorized traffic safety and encourage healthy and active transportation options. The US Department of Transportation is required by the new...
- Chroma Fab to Join Ethic Industries: Denver, Colo. - Following a couple years of business development, Chroma Fab world-class custom paint solutions will join Ethic Industries and Alchemy Bicycle Company as the newest brand in the Ethic Industries portfolio. Chroma Fab was conceived...
- Bike Infrastructure Update in Seattle: Seattle, Wash. - Today, Mayor McGinn delivered his fourth State of the City speech, and improving transit in Seattle was a major focus. Making it easier and safer for people to bike through Seattle, whether you’re 8 or 80, was a major focus. He...
- Sad News - Jeremy Storie: It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Jeremy Storie. Jeremy was a key coach and leader in our cycling community. He helped build the dEVo youth program at its inception in 1999 and developed several National and International...